Saturday, January 17, 2009

Getting Started

Getting Started
  • Buy a Sunday paper. Locally, the best ones I've found are the Chattanooga Free Press and the Gadsden Times. If you know of others that carry inserts locally, let me know and I will post those.
  • Take out the coupon inserts. Sometimes there are as many as 5, but sometimes there are none. You can go here or here for previews of the coupons coming out each week. Previews are usually posted by Friday or Saturday, so you'll know how many papers (if any) you want to get that week.
  • Get your sale papers out and put them together. I usually get a Walgreen's and a Rite Aid paper. If you do not have these, you can check them online at Walgreen's website and Rite Aid's website. Sales are Sunday through Saturday, but sometimes Walgreen's will have a 2 or 3 day sale also.
  • Visit both websites. Sign up for Rite Aid's Single Check Rebates and Walgreen's Easy Saver Rebates.
  • Another website that is very helpful is Hot Coupon World. This is where I started learning. Do not, I repeat, do not try to jump in and learn everything over night. You will become overwhelmed and give up.

The stores I frequent and will post about are Walgreen's, K-Mart, WalMart, Rite Aid, Fred's, Dollar General, Lucky's, and Foodland. These are the stores we have near by. So, please don't expect Target or Kroger deals. I wish we had those here, but for now, we have what we have.

Last, I'm not an expert at anything. I do the best I can to save a buck and my blogging skills are really not that great either, so we are in this together.

Questions? E-mail me at whitneys.deals@yahoo.com.

2 comments: